Some pictures from the 4th of July trip '09

Monday, September 21, 2009

Kids are so honest!

Auri had written this note for me one Sunday morning. I think she knew that I was having a rough one.
Auri and Ani have this hanging on their bedroom door. For those that can't read it, I will interpret...
"Only girls can come in. No boys allowed because if all the girls are in and the boys are in too, they will like us but sorry no boys allowed." So let the "No boys allowed" club begin.
I think some kids find it easier to write notes to people instead of being verbal. Auri is definitely one of those kids. She wrote this note to me the other day and I couldn't help but come to tears. Translation: "This Note is about I love you."
(Continuation inside the note) I love you when you do not know how. I love you any way you are."
I think women in general put a lot of time and effort in how best to show love to their kids. I sometimes draw a blank, have a brain fart, etc and really don't know how best to show my kids I love them and am very proud of them. Even "when i don't know how" my kids still know that I love them and think the world of them. And I'm grateful to know that they love me, "any way (I am)."

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm seriously cracking up about that first note!!! What a funny kid!!!

Rachel McEwen said...

I love all of those notes and think that the last one is especially sweet. Also, the make up one was hilarious. Kids are so great...and honest

Rebecca and Co. said...

Whew, even I teared up at that last note, so I can imagine how you felt! I love little notes like that (and the first one, LOL).

The Hardy's said...

I love those little notes. Evan writes me little ditty's sometimes and it just melts my heart. Thank goodness they love us even when we blunder.

Riva said...

Ha ha!!! Those are so sweet!! I love my little notes too!!!

Leslie Ann said...

I want to print out the last note and put it on my desk to look at every day. I love it! Brings me to tears too! What a tender little girl. Your family is so cute!